A Year in Review
It is hard to believe that it has already been a year! The last 12 months have provided many new and life changing moments. As I write this I am looking out in to a warehouse filled with furniture that will change lives in the next few weeks. We have been blessed to have hundreds of volunteers and donors supply us with the necessary items to fill 103 homes with hope and a brighter future. There have been many unforgettable days that have changed the way we view our calling.
Below are the top 10 milestones of 2011:
1. Forming the partnership with Ashley Furniture HomeStores in the Charlotte area.
2. Receiving a donation from a 7 year old girl after she raised $178 dollars from her hot chocolate stand for Beds for Kids.
3. Moving into an 11,000 square foot warehouse donated free of cost.
4. Having 50 volunteers from Charlotte ONE come serve in the warehouse one Saturday.
5. Receiving the donation from Davidson college of 24+ apartments of furniture.
6. The donation of a 18ft box truck.
7. Receiving a $25,000 matching gift.
8. Having someone who received a bed from us come and serve to help other families.
9. Seeing the TV commercial for the 1st time on ABC.
10. Being able to give out over 268 beds to children and their families.