Questions that can help you prior to calling Beds for Kids to schedule a pick up:
- Can we take your item? Please visit the Furniture Donations tab on the website, it lists all items that we take and do not take.
- Is there a pick up fee? We graciously request a donation of $10 or more for our pick-up services in order to cover travel expenses incurred.
- How many items do you have for the pick up? We ask that all pick-ups include at least one “major” furniture item (mattress, sofa, kitchen table, dresser) or multiple non-major items.
- What you need to do to get your items prepared for your scheduled pick up day? We ask that you please gather, disassemble, and itemize your donation(s) before we arrive so that we take less of your time when we come to your house. We also ask that all items be ready on the first floor if possible, so as to help our pick-up team.
- Are any of your items extra-large or extra-heavy? Certain extra-large or extra-heavy items that may harm your home during moving, may harm the furniture being moved, or threaten the health and safety of our pick-up team may be declined for pick-up by any BFK team member. It is our desire to ensure the quality and safety of every party involved in the furniture donations and sometimes we must decline donations for the safety of our team members, your home, and/or the furniture. Please share any possible concerns when scheduling a pick-up.
- Does Beds for Kids pick up in your area? Beds for Kids currently offers pick-ups only to the following Charlotte zip codes: 28104, 28105, 28134, 28202, 28203, 28207, 28209, 28210, 28211, 28226, 28270, 28277, 28078, 28107, 28204, 28205, 28206, 28208, 28212, 28213, 28214, 28215, 28216, 28217, 28227, 28262, 28269, 28273, 28278. Currently we are unable to offer pick-ups to non-Charlotte residents.
- What days of the week are pick ups scheduled? Typical pick-up days are on Tuesdays & Thursdays between the hours of 1 & 3pm.
- Do I get a tax receipt upon pick up? You will receive a tax receipt from Beds For Kids for all physical donations.
- Did you put your items through the “BFK Test”? Prior to calling to schedule a pick up please evaluate your furniture items with these questions:
- Does the furniture have any stains, odors or pet hair? If so, we are unable to accept it.
- Does the furniture have major wear or major tears? If so, we are unable to accept it.
- Does the furniture require any major fixes to be used? If so, please let us know as we might be able to take it and have it fixed.
Dignity is a gift in itself when we deliver furniture to those in need and so we stress that the items you donate be only in new or very gently used condition.
Now that your ready to schedule a pick up, please email or call us at:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your name, address, zip code, phone number and items you would like to donate.
Call us at 980-422-1192, please include your name, zip code, phone number and items you would like to donate when you leave a message. All calls will be returned as soon as possible.